If you have any quesitons, please e-mail the Toondah Harbour project team at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Toondah Harbour Fast Facts
- A new port facility, with multiple ferry and barge berths, is central to the project
- Toondah Harbour will include a vibrant new retail and dining precinct that will complement Cleveland CBD’s offering
- A hotel/convention centre is part of the precinct
- Extensive parklands, plazas and boardwalks will be delivered
- Visitor facilities and a learning centre are included
- Up to 3,600 homes will be part of Toondah Harbour, which will be home to 6,300 residents by 2031
- 200 marina berths will be delivered
- A public pontoon is part of the masterplan
- Small recreational vessel launching facilities will be delivered
- Harbour and channel improvements are part of the project
- The Toondah Harbour marine footprint Is similar in size to Manly Boat Harbour and less than one third of Raby Bay.
Estimated economic benefits
- $1.39 billion private capital investment by Walker Group Holdings
- $2.33 billion indirect benefits to the local economy
- Project to deliver estimated annual contribution to gross regional product: $34.8 million
- Construction employment: 1000 jobs each year
- Post construction employment: 500 jobs a year
- To attract more than 49,000 visitors each year
- Additional visitor expenditure will support an extra 500 tourism jobs in the region annually
- Walker has submitted a referral under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) seeking a controlled action decision by the Federal Minister for the Environment and Energy.
- The decision is due by 8 June 2017.
- The decision will not approve the construction of the project. It is an administrative decision that will enable Walker to commence preparation of a comprehensive Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- We hope to commence this assessment process in mid 2017. It will include in-depth examination of all environmental, social and economic impacts of the proposed project and will involve extensive community consultation.